- Key Info
- Covid-19 Info and Updates
- Senior Information
- Taking Care of Business Days
- Bell Schedules
- Attendance Office
- Health Office
- Mustang Commons
- Academic Support and Tutoring
- SDA Policies
- Academic Policies
- Testing Information
- Parking Permits/Start Smart
- Additional Links
Parking Permits/Start Smart
PARKING PERMITS REQUIRED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 19
PARKING PERMIT APPLICATION
START SMART CLASSES: REQUIRED FOR 2022 - 2023
Start Smart Driving is an SDUHSD-required driver safety education class. It is offered as a response to the numerous teen car crashes and related fatalities in our community. All San Dieguito Union High School District students and their parents/guardians must attend a 2-hour Start Smart class in order to obtain a parking permit to park on their school campus. Officers from the Encinitas Sheriff's station will discuss traffic avoidance techniques, collision causing factors, driver/parent responsibilities, seat belt usage, dangers of driving under the influence, and many important safety tips. Parents are required to remain in the class with their students for the entire 2 hours. Students must attend the class with their own parents/guardians. Attending with a friend's parent does not qualify as credit for the class.
Classes are free of charge. Classes are 6 pm - 8 pm in the Mosaic Cafe.
Reservations are required. Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your student ID number, student name, and the name of the parent who will attend. You will receive confirmation of the class.
Questions: Please contact Nancy Perry-Sheridan, San Dieguito Alliance, 760-519-5877
UPCOMING START SMART DATES for 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
Wednesday, March 15
None of these dates work for you? SDA students may attend Start Smart at another district school. CLICK HERE for available Start Smart dates at other schools.
SDA PARKING POLICIES
- Obtaining a parking permit DOES NOT guarantee a parking space. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must park only in designated student spaces. Students may not park in any space marked as RED, STAFF or VISITOR.
- Neither SDUHSD or SDA is responsible for any damage or loss of vehicle or private property.
- Vehicles parked on campus are subject to search.
- Parking permits are not transferable and must be affixed to the lower-left corner of the front windshield.
- Vehicles without a valid permit parked on campus may be ticketed.
- Vehicles parked illegally may be towed at owner’s expense. Vehicles parked in areas not designated as a parking space are subject to tow at owner’s expense, without warning.
- Students receiving multiple tickets will meet with administration and parents will be contacted.
- Progressive disciplinary action and possible removal of on-campus parking privileges may be considered.
TEMPORARY PARKING PASS
Temporary parking passes are available for students with valid parking permits who have a temporary need to drive a non-permitted vehicle to school. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain the temporary pass from the Assistant Principal’s office and display it in the alternate vehicle. Otherwise, the non-permitted vehicle will be subject to citation.
A citation will be mailed to the registered owner of the cited vehicle. If you wish to appeal the citation, you have two options:
- Mail the appeal with any supporting information, including the citation number, to:
San Dieguito UHSD
PO Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479
- Appeal online at www.CitationProcessingCenter.com
If you have misplaced the original citation, the citation number and other information will be mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle.
For more information, please see Jennifer Beales in the Assistant Principal’s Office.