GRADUATION MAP 2017
Senior letter - mailed March 10, 2017.
Senior Exit Survey:
All seniors must complete the Senior Exit Survey as part of senior check out by June 13. It is open now in Naviance! If students are unable to do it on their own, the computer lab, room 42 will be open the week of June 5- June 9 during homeroom with a counselor to assist them. Ask your teacher for a pass to the computer lab to complete it any day that week. Seniors will not be able to check out without completing it.
Cap and Gown information:
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, you must do it right away. Click here for the Order Form (emailed to you by Herff Jones - San Diego Grad). If you have any questions, you can call San Diego Graduate Supply at (619) 440-5426.
District families have the purchase option for $28.00 or the loaner option, free of charge, regardless of financial need. If you choose the loaner option, you must return your cap, gown and tassel in like-new condition. Students wishing to decorate their caps and gowns will need to purchase a complete cap and gown unit.
You can also order graduation announcements and/or class rings from this website at www.sdgrad.com.
Returning loaner cap and gowns: Immediately following the graduation, loaner cap and gowns will be collected before you receive your diploma. Remember, the loaner cap and gowns must not be decorated and must be in "like-new" condition.
Graduation Information for seniors and families:
- Senior finals week begins June 12. Check with your teacher(s) about his/her final schedule.
- Senior Check Out, Wednesday, June 14: All seniors must check out with their teachers, counselors and the registrar. All textbooks must be in before a senior can complete check out. All paperwork must be handed in at this time. Seniors may not check out before their last class. Check out is mandatory for all seniors.
- Graduation Rehearsal is Mandatory! Thursday, June 15, 10:00 a.m.: Seniors must report to the stadium field for MANDATORY graduation rehearsal at 10:00 a.m. (attendance will be taken). After rehearsal, seniors will receive their cap and gown. The Senior Slide Show is at the La Paloma Theater at noon.
Graduation Day - Friday, June 16, 1:30 p.m., Stadium Field
Seniors are to gather at 12:30 p.m. at the designated area. Bottles of water will be provided so don't bring anything. Leave purses and backpacks with your relatives in the stands. Carry your gown until you enter the staging area. Once you enter the staging area, you must stay there until it is time to march on the field. Relatives can take pictures before you enter the staging area. A small shaded awning area will be set up south of the main entrance for older adults or sun sensitive guests - one person may accompany them.
Stadium seating and parking on graduation day: The stadium will open at 11:45 a.m. Tickets are not required; however, seating is available on a first come/first served basis. NO RESERVED SEATING. Handicap/wheelchair seating is available, but it is recommended that you arrive when the gates open. Weather conditions, stairs, walking distance, stadium seating and length of ceremony are factors when deciding whom to invite. The student lot at Nardo and Melba will be closed until 11:30 a.m. After 11:30 a.m., you may park in that lot. Space permitting, you may also park in the staff lot, the student lot at Melba and Bonita, or legally on the street. A reminder that school is dismissed at 12:15 and school traffic will be heavy. More parking spaces may become available in the student lot after that time. Please do not park in the red zones or you will be ticketed by the Encinitas Sheriff's Department.
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS!
- Graduation day photography: SDUHSD has permitted Grad Images access to the field for the purpose of taking photographs. No one else is allowed on the field until the conclusion of the graduation ceremony. Visit their website at www.gradimages.com for more information. Information on how to pre-register for graduation photos.
- Diploma pick-up: After graduation at the windows outside the AP's office. We do not mail diplomas.
Some yearbooks are still available - $100 cash only - pay in the finance office. While supplies last.
June 8: Yearbook distribution, after school
June 9: Farewell Assembly, Extended homeroom
June 9: Yearbook Signing Party, 3:30-5:00 p.m., gym
June 14: Senior Check-Out, after last class
June 15: Mandatory graduation rehearsal, 10:00 a.m., stadium field (seniors pick up their cap and gown after graduation rehearsal)
June 15: Senior Slide show, noon, LaPaloma Theater
June 16: Graduation, 1:30 p.m., stadium field
June 16: Grad Nite 2017, 8:30 p.m.-2:30 a.m., SDA
We will continually add to this page as the year progresses. Please check back frequently.