District families have the purchase option for $28.00 or the loaner option, free of charge, regardless of financial need. If you would like to request the loaner cap and gown and tassel, they will be available to order after March 1. If you choose the loaner option, you must return your cap, gown and tassel in like-new condition. Students wishing to decorate their caps and gowns will need to purchase a complete cap and gown unit.
You can also order graduation announcements and/or class rings from this website at www.sdgrad.com.
If you have not purchased your yearbook, you can pay online at the Webstore
or in the finance office. The last day to pre-order is June 5 for $90.00. Any remaining yearbooks will go on sale Monday, June 11 at the finance office on a first come/first served basis for $100 cash. Reserve your yearbook now; then mark your calendar for the Senior Class Signing Party on Wednesday, June 6, after school, Mosaic Cafe.
Graduation Information for seniors and families:
- Senior finals week begins June 11. Check with your teacher(s) about his/her final schedule.
- Senior Check Out, Wednesday, June 13: All seniors must check out with their teachers, counselors and the registrar. All textbooks must be in before a senior can complete check out. All paperwork must be handed in at this time. Seniors may not check out before their last class. Check out is mandatory for all seniors.
- Graduation Rehearsal is Mandatory! Thursday, June 14, 10:00 a.m.: Seniors must report to the stadium field for MANDATORY graduation rehearsal at 10:00 a.m. (attendance will be taken). After rehearsal, seniors will receive their cap and gown. Every senior will also receive a Class of 2018 t-shirt. The Senior Slide Show is at the La Paloma Theater at noon.
- Graduation Day - Friday, June 15, 1:30 p.m., Stadium Field: Seniors are to gather at 12:30 p.m. at the designated area. Bottles of water will be provided so don't bring anything. Leave purses and backpacks with your relatives in the stands. Carry your gown until you enter the staging area. Once you enter the staging area, you must stay there until it is time to march on the field. Relatives can take pictures before you enter the staging area. A small shaded awning area will be set up at the south end of the field for older adults or sun sensitive guests - one person may accompany them. This seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Stadium seating and parking on graduation day: The stadium will open at 11:45 a.m. Tickets are not required; however, space is limited. We suggest no more than 7 guests per student attend the ceremony. Seating is available on a first come/first served basis. NO RESERVED SEATING. Handicap/wheelchair seating is available, but it is recommended that you arrive when the gates open. Weather conditions, stairs, walking distance, stadium seating and length of ceremony are factors when deciding whom to invite. The student lot at Nardo and Melba will be closed until 11:30 a.m. After 11:30 a.m., you may park in that lot. Space permitting, you may also park in the staff lot, the student lot at Melba and Bonita, or legally on the street. Venture Church and Shadow Mountain Community Church have also agreed to permit parents to park in their lots. If you park in the neighborhood, please be respectful of our neighbors. A reminder that school is dismissed at 12:15 and school traffic will be heavy. More parking spaces may become available in the student lot after that time. Please do not park in the red zones or you will be ticketed by the Encinitas Sheriff's Department.
- Shuttle Bus available from Encinitas Community Park to staff parking lot: Shuttle pick up begins at Encinitas Community Park (425 Santa Fe Drive) at 11:30 a.m. The shuttle will run approximately every 15 minutes. See map for loading zone. Last pick up from Park at 1:20 p.m. Shuttle pick up at school to return to Encinitas Community Park begins after graduation and will run for one hour only. Shuttle pick up will be in front of the Music Building in the staff parking lot.
- Graduation Map
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS!
- No airhorns, please.
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR HEELS OF ANY KIND IF YOU PLAN TO SIT OR WALK ON THE FIELD. Flats or wedge-style heels are okay. Thanks!
- Diploma pick-up: After graduation at the windows outside the AP's office. We do not mail diplomas.
ALL Seniors need to order their FINAL TRANSCRIPT.
April 6: Senior Olympics (Minimum Day), 1:00-3:45 p.m., softball field
April 17: Mandatory Senior Meeting/Senior Tiles and Senior Thank You, 9:04-11:23 a.m., gym
April 19: Senior Tiles and Senior Thank You, 9:04-11:23 a.m., dance room
April 24: Last name A-L: CAST testing, locations will be posted; Last name M-Z: Senior Tiles and ThankMYou, Room 38 9:04-11:23 a.m.
April 26: Last name M-Z: CAST testing, locations will be posted; Last name A-L: Senior Tiles and Thank You, Room 38, 9:04-11:23 a.m.
May 4: Senior Introduction due
May 19: Prom, San Diego Zoo, 7:30-11:00 p.m.
May 24: Senior Awards and Scholarships, 6:00 p.m., gym
June 6: Yearbook distribution and Senior Signing Party, after school, Mosaic Café
June 8: Senior Farewell assembly (Extended Homeroom schedule), gym
June 13: Senior Check-Out, after last class
June 14: Mandatory graduation rehearsal, 10:00 a.m., stadium field (seniors pick up their cap and gown after graduation rehearsal)
June 14: Senior Slide show, noon, LaPaloma Theater
June 15: Graduation, 1:30 p.m., stadium field
June 15: Grad Nite 2018, 8:30 p.m.-2:00 a.m., SDA – Check in between 8:30 and 10:00 p.m. Check out is Saturday morning between 2:00-2:30 a.m.
What is Grad Night?
Grad Nite information... If you are interested in helping out with Grad Nite, click here.
Purchase your Grad Nite ticket RIGHT HERE by completing this online registration form.
We will continually add to this page as the year progresses. Please check back frequently.