Attendance Office Email: SDAattendance@sduhsd.net
You must include the type of absence in the subject line of your email (e.g. Off campus pass, Tardy, Absence, etc.). In the body of the email include your student's first and last name and the reason for the absence/tardy/off campus pass.
Excusing All-Day Absences:
- Call 760.753.1121, press 1 the day of the absence. Spell the first and last name of the student, give your name and relationship to the student and the reason for the absence (medical or personal). Unexcused absences that have not been cleared within 48 hours turn into truancies.
- Email SDAattendance@sduhsd.net making sure the subject line says "Absence" and the body of the email includes the first and last name of the student and the reason for the absence (medical or personal).
- Call 760.753.1121, press 1 before your student arrives at school. Spell the first and last name of the student, give your name and relationship to the student and the reason for the tardy.
- Tardy students must sign in at the attendance office before going to class.
- Email SDAattendance@sduhsd.net making sure the subject line says "Tardy" and the body of the email includes the first and last name of the student and the reason for the tardy.
- Please call the attendance office 24 hours in advance. Spell the first and last name of the student, give your name and relationship to the student, the reason for the pass, the time the student needs to leave school, and whether the student will be returning to school.
- Students must pick up the Off-Campus Pass in the attendance office before leaving school. It is the student's responsibility to pick up the pass; we do not deliver passes to classrooms.
- Students must show the pass to the teacher before leaving the classroom.
- Students must have an Off-Campus Pass to leave school. Students who leave without a pass will be marked truant.
- If you email the attendance office, make sure that the subject line says "Off campus pass" and the body of the email states the name of the student as well as the reason and time for the pass. Also include whether the student will be returning to school.
Students who are Ill:
- Students who are ill must ask the teacher for a pass to the nurse.
- The nurse will call the parent / guardian for permission to send the student home.
- Students who are ill must go to the nurse before leaving campus.
- Students who leave school without an Off-Campus Pass or without permission from the nurse will be marked truant
We believe that each student is entitled to maximum instructional time each day, each period. Students are expected to arrive to classes on time and attend every class.
Tardiness is any late appearance of a student beyond the scheduled time that a class begins.
Truancy is any unexcused absence that has not been cleared by a parent/guardian within 48 hours of the absence.
Excessive tardiness/truancies are disruptive to learning and disrespectful to everyone in the classroom. Teachers will take accurate attendance and hold students accountable for their behavior. Administration will support teachers and hold students accountable through the “Loss of Privileges” (LOP) process. Parents will support student attendance through timely clearing of absences (within 48 hours). The Attendance Office will send an automated call home on every period absence or tardy.
Habitual tardiness/truancies may result in referral to SARB (Student Attendance Review Board) and/or involuntary transfer to Sunset High School.